The Dual credit program at Italy High School is a great opportunity for your student to earn high school and college credit at a fraction of the cost, without ever leaving Italy High School. With Navarro as our “Community College” we are here to assist our dual credit students with the transition from high school to College and help our students meet their educational goals.
What needs to be done this summer to enroll in dual credit for 2016-2017?
- Students should complete the dual credit information packet provided by Navarro College.
- Complete the Dual Credit Permit to Register and return to Mr. Janszen
- Complete the Dual Credit Parent Permission Form and return to Mr. Janszen
- ALL paperwork and testing must be completed by August 19.
- Payment Deadline: Final payment must be made 1 week prior to the first day of classes.
Beginning Fall 2016 – 2017:
Students who qualify for dual credit courses will be reimbursed for payment of the course after successfully completing the course with a college grade of an “A” or “B”. The cost of textbooks will be the student’s and the parent’s responsibility. A local scholarship; based on need; will be available. A student who qualifies for the scholarship must earn a college grade “A” or “B” to qualify for future scholarships.
Applications for scholarships can be picked up in the Italy High School front office.