Senior Profile for Madison Washington:
Madison is the daughter of Shelly Connor.
Plans after High School:
Madison plans to attend a junior college and receive her associates degree in two years. After that, she will attend Texas A&M, graduate with a bachelors degree and then move on to medical school to study sports medicine. After she has her certificate, she plans to open her own sports medicine clinic. She plans to help athletes heal and prevent injuries.
- National Honors Society
- National Honors Society Vice President
- Student Council all four years of high school
- Class Representative since 7th grade
- Assistant drum major sophomore year
- Brass captain junior and senior years
- Varsity Volleyball Fr., So., and Jr. year
- Varsity Softball Fr., So., and Jr. year
- All District Volleyball awards all three years
- All District Softball awards all three years
- Academic all district for volleyball and softball
- Invited to Italy High Schools Academic Banquet Junior year
- Will graduate with almost thirty hours of college credit
- FCCLA member two years of high school (So. and Sr.)
- Cen-tex honor band junior and senior years
- Italy Regiment Band member when they made Area finals
Most people know a person in their life to whom they inspire to be like. Whether they are famous or family, influential people are important and can give you courage in good and hard times.
Madison’s Grandfather, David McClendon, is the funniest, most outgoing and heart felt man she knows. One reason he is so amazing to Madison is that he is not even a blood relation to her. Madison’s Grandmother and he met after Madison’s dad was born; he raised Madison’s dad through many important years in his life. When Madison’s parents had her at the age of twenty-two, he was her Grandfather since day one.
Madison says, “Whether it be sitting on his lap or going to the grocery store and picking out something to bake, he never fails to put an enthusiastic smile on my face. He can take any situation in life and make it hilarious. Although most of the time I spend with him is mostly laughs and giggles, he pushes me to do better in softball, my grades, and always tells me to do the right thing when I have a tough decision to make.”
“My Grandfather is a very hard worker and will do anything to make sure our family has everything we need. Even though he may stress and be upset at times, he never shows it. He’s isn’t only a strong man but he is also a great Grandfather to all eight grandkids.”
“I wouldn’t be surprised at all if most of Italy High Schools senior class chose the same woman as I did. As soon as I read this question, she is the first person who popped into mind. Mrs. Casey Holden is single handedly one of the best teachers and inspirers who have ever come to Italy High School.”
“Ever since eighth grade, she has helped so many students with math. Even though she is praised everyday for her teaching, I personally appreciate her just being herself. Most days I receive a ""How are you, Maddy?"" or something close, and I don’t think she realizes how much this means to me. In class, she pushes all of my classmates through difficult problems in math and praises us when we are successful. "
“I hope one day I can repay her for how much she has helped me. I have no doubt that when I go into college, I wont struggle as much as others because of her.”