Senior Profile for Alexis Sampley
Alexis resides with Jim & Frances Sampley.
Plans after High School:
Alexis plan to attend Baylor University to study music education.
- All Region 1st Chair Oboe Symphonic Band 3 Consecutive Years
- All Region Are Qualifier 4 Consecutive Years
- Cen-Tex 1st Chair Oboe Symphonic Band 5 Consecutive Years
- Cen-Tex Flute Symphonic Band Member 4 Consecutive Years
- FCCLA State Finals Environmental Ambassador STAR Event Qualifier
- LEO Assessment Gold Medal Recipient
- National Honors Society Member
- Student Council Member
- Italy High School Regiment Band Head Drum Major 2 Consecutive Years
- Academic Banquet Invitee
- UIL Spelling 2nd Place Team
- Scored a 26 on the ACT
- Advanced to Area Finals in Marching Band
- Placed 3rd at State in the Honor Band Competition
- Advanced to state solo and ensemble competition with flute 2015
Alexis says there isn’t just one person who has been the most influential in her life; there are two—her grandparents. They have continuously pushed Alexis to strive to be the best version of herself that she can be, and they support Alexis in whatever she wants to do in life.
“There are two teachers I would like to thank, Mr. Perez and Mr. Graves. Without these two I would not be furthering my education in music. Mr Perez has taught me lessons in leadership that I will use for the rest of my life and has always encouraged me to push myself. Mr. Graves has helped me tremendously in these past two years that he has been here, in becoming a better musician, and he makes me feel confident in my abilities.”