You are cordially invited to attend this year’s annual fall festival which has been scheduled for Sunday, October 19, 2014 from 10:00 a.m to 7:30 p.m on the church grounds at 434 South Ward Street in Italy, Texas. There will be a variety of food, games, and music; as well as other activities for the whole family.
The proceeds from this annual fundraising event will be used to meet the financial needs of Epiphany’s growing congregation. Epiphany is part of the Dallas Diocese which is one of the fastest growing dioceses in the United States.
Within the past several years, Epiphany has grown from a Mission Church to a Quasi-Parish Church. The next step up is a Parish Church which will happen one day in the future.
Vibrant and growing, Epiphany provides a pivotal ministry to individuals from all socioeconomic levels. The congregation consists of individuals from diverse backgrounds; some are Mexican-Americans who speak only Spanish, some are bilingual and others speak only English.
The Fall Festival this year as it has done in the past, will comply with all of the City of Italy ordinances and guidelines.
Epiphany is located within the city limits of Italy and it considers itself a vital part of the Italy community.
Everyone is always welcomed at Epiphany whether for services, religious education or any other church activity.
Please consider our invitation to attend the fall festival on Ocober 19, 2014. We look forward to seeing you there.
Rev. Antonio Ormaza
Epiphany-Quasi Parish — Our History:
The impetus for a mission near Italy, began with the implementation of an idea from father Rubi, a priest serving in the Diocese of Dallas. Father Rubi witnessed the growing number of Catholics who were working in the area, most of whom worked in the agricultural fields.
In 1947, Father John Brady, then pastor of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Waxahachie, secured property on South Ward Street in Italy through the generous donation of 20 acres by Joseph A. Naughton. The first church, dedicated on April 25, 1948, was called Epiphany. Throughout the years, Epiphany Quasi-Parish has been served by priests from Holy Redeemer in Ennis, Immaculate Conception in Corsicana, St. Joseph in Waxahachie, and currently, St. John Nepomucene in Ennis.
In 2004, Epiphany secured a loan to build a new church in response to the growing community. Through generous grants from the Catholic Foundation, The John G. and Marie Stella Kenedy Memorial Foundation, the Diocese of Dallas, and building funds from church activities, including spring and fall fiestas, Sunday food sales, and a building fund collection on the first Sunday of each month, the church loan was repaid in june of 2009. Construction of the new church was completed in 2005.
On April 25, 2014 Epiphany Quasi-Parish will celebrate its 66th year as a dedicated mission and 5th year as a quasi-parish. Attendance has grown at Epiphany from 225 in 2005 to 465 in 2013. Next to both the old and new church buildings is a parish hall, which was built in 1963. Currently, the parish hall is undergoing renovation in order to support the growth of the quasi-parish. The hall has a small kitchen for Sunday morning food service with proceeds from the sales going toward the Epiphany Building Fund.
Epiphany provides a pivotal ministry to Metroplex Hispanics from all socioeconomic levels. The congregation is almost 100% Hispanic of diverse backgrounds: some are Mexican-Americans who speak in Spanish, some are bilingual, and others speak only English. Truly, Epiphany is the hands and feet of Christ to the faithful.