Saturday, December 14th the Italy FFA will host a Chili Cook-Off and Man Sale from 5pm to 8pm at the Italy Downtown Pavilion. Entry Deadline for the Chili Cook-off is Friday, December 13 ($20). All proceeds benefit the Italy FFA Chapter.
Late entries will be accepted at the time of the event with a $10 late fee in addition to $20 entry fee.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st, and and 3rd place winners.
There will also be a Pinto Bean Jackpot for an additional entry fee of $10 with 50% of the purse paid to the winner.
Contact Blake Godwin or Nicole Vajdak for more information (972/483-7411).
Entries can be mailed or hand delivered to Italy High School at 300 S. College Street, Italy, Texas 76651.
See below for rules on the Chili Cook-Off and more information regarding the Man Sale.
2013 Chili Cook-Off and Man Sale
Rules and Regulations
- Meats may be pre-cooked prior to arrival.
- Electrical outlets are available.
- A representative of each team must be present for a Contestant’s Meeting at 5:15pm.
- Cooking Period: Starts are 5:30pm to 7:00pm. Cooking during entire cooking period is at the sole discretion of the contestant.
- Contestants are responsible for supplying all their own cooking utensils, etc.
- Each contestant will be given a contestant’s number and 4 numbered cups. Cups are to be filled at least half way.
- Each contestant is responsible for delivering their cups to the judging area.
- Chili will be judged on 5 categories: good chili flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
- Workers will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Workers cannot be put in harm’s way or involved in illegal activities.
- Workers are to work a minimum of 2 hours. May work longer if agreed upon by worker and buyer.
- Buyers are to purchase any materials/equipment used during work.