Italy High School presented the second annual Talent Show on Tuesday evening in the open air. Parents, family and friends joined the students in the brand new Cargill-Gallman Pavilion downtown for fun, frolic and service to a neighboring community. Donations for the community of West were collected at both the Stafford Elementary campus and Italy High/Junior High School campus during the days prior to the talent show.
A few Italy High School students had a two-fold project in mind when they held auditions for the 2nd Annual Talent Show. The panel of teachers guiding the students along were Erica Miller, Lindsey Thompson and Andi Windham. The group decided to lend a helping hand to the neighboring town of West and show off their talent at the same time. In addition, each class was given a challenge with an incentive. All high school classes were encouraged to take a collection and the class bringing in the most money would win. What would they win? Only a chance to throw pies at Mr. Joffre, of which, Margie Davis’ class won. The money brought in by all the classes coupled with the money donated from ticket sales of the Talent Show totaled $2,533.37. All will be donated to the West Independent School District.
In the meantime, the students from IJH and IHS enjoyed showing the audience their talents. Ty Windham and Gus Allen emceed the show. There were eight different acts.
- Morgan Junkin singing “Ballad of Mona Lisa”
- Vanessa Cantu and Moisha Walker singing “When I was Your Man”
- Sarah Levy played her flute, “Sonata in F Major” by George Phillip Teleman
- Vaness Cantu danced with her “magic feet”
- Janae Robinson and Justin Robbins sang
- One Act Play put on Battle of the Bands: AC-HeShe VS Screaming Mutes
- Justin Robbins mimed “I Have Received”
- Kortnei Johnson, Vanessa Cantu, Moesha Walker and K’Breona Davis danced
Judges Miller, Windham and Thompson chose Sarah Levy, Moisha Walker and Battle of the Bands as winners. They all received the pride in having bragging rights for the rest of the year.