The Italy Masonic Lodge invites everyone to purchase bar-b-que brisket during the lodge’s version of a tailgate party on Superbowl Sunday. The lodge is selling the brisket in an effort to raise funds for their Mirabeau B. Lamar Award $500.00 scholarship which is presented annually to an Italy High School graduating senior. The lodge is prepared to present two scholarships of $500.00 each if enough funds are raised.
- Sunday, February 3, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. until all the brisket is gone.
- In front of the Italy Masonic Lodge located at 113 Main Street in downtown Italy.
- Brisket $5.00 per plate (chopped or sliced)
- Brisket $12.00 per pound (chopped or sliced)
- Sausage on s stick – $4.00
- Roasted Corn will also be available for purchase
- A portion of the proceeds will help fund the annual Mirabeau B. Lamar Award scholarship of $500.00 presented by the Italy Masonic Lodge to at least one Italy High School senior, possibly two if enough funds are raised.
Italy Lodge #647 is a regular and recognized masonic lodge having a charter through the Grand Lodge of AF&AM of Texas, which is recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England.
The Italy Masonic Lodge thanks everyone in the community for supporting their Lamar Scholarship fundraising efforts and we hope to see each of you on Superbowl Sunday!