Sydney Lowenthal and Kimberly Hooker are performing in the play Aesop’s Foibles at the Southwestern Assemblies of God University. This will be Sydney’s third play with the Waxahachie Community theatre and Kimberly’s first.
Sydney and Kimberly are both in the fourth grade and attend Stafford Elementary. They explained they first got the bug to perform in plays when they performed in a western musical in the second grade at Stafford Elementary. Kimberly also performed in the musical production of Deep in the Jungle in the first grade at Stafford. According to Kimberly, “This is where I got my first start at performing and I just love it.”
When asked about what the play was about Kimberly answered, “It is a fantastic story about a boy named Aesop. He can not control his thoughts or his imagination. So, he creates all these characters from his imagination, like a wolf wearing sheep’s clothing, a talking tortoise, a talking broom and lots of others. It is funny and lots of fun.”
Sydney explained, “I love acting in plays because I love to sing and dance. In this play I don’t sing but I am the tortoise so I walk really slow and I talk really slow and I love the way the tortoise talks.”
Kimberly said she likes acting in plays because, “I love to wear all the different costumes and I love to be in front of people and make them laugh.”
Performance times and location:
- Thursday, July 28th at 7:30 pm
- Friday, July 29th at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, July 30th at 2:30 pm
- McCafferty hall on the Campus of Southwestern Assemblies of God University, 1200 Sycamore, Waxahachie.
- General Admission is $8.00 per person (ages five and up).
- Purchase your tickets online at www.waxahachiecommunitytheatre.com or call the box office at:972-646-1050.
Come and enjoy a night out and at the same time support, “Italy’s own.”