As a Republican, Nik Kinze plans to bring prosperity, accountability and fiscal transparency to the City of Italy Texas.
Italy, Texas, March 24, 2011: Nik Kinze and his family have been residents of Italy since 2007. Kinze, who is a native Texan, has worked as a Controls Engineer and Project Manager for 15 years prior to moving to Italy. Kinze currently is employed by Gerdau Ameristeel as a Senior Business Analyst. Mr. Kinze feels that his experience managing multi-million dollar projects has prepared him for the position of Mayor. Kinze has worked for several Fortune 100 and 500 companies. Mr. Kinze and his wife have 6 children and 4 grandchildren.
Mr. Kinze states, ”I do not see a big difference between running a project and running a city. If you have the plan in place, most people could do a decent job. The key is having a sound business plan. What can undermine your plan is how you deal with the unexpected issues that come up from time to time. If you do not know how to plan for and deal with the unexpected, you will not be successful, you will either run out of time or go over budget. If you’re a Project Manager, and you cannot control your budget, you had better dust off your resume. Politicians just seem to think that adding to the tax burden of those who pay their salaries is the best way to get things done. This is NOT RIGHT !!! It is time for the people to take the checkbook back from those who are wasting time and money.”
Kinze also said, “I am running because doing what has always been done is not good enough for the people of Italy. Our unemployment is too high and the under-employment rate is worse.” Kinze says, “It’s going to take fresh leadership and new ideas to put Italy firmly on the road to prosperity. I cannot stand by as the City of Italy struggles to succeed without step by step plan to change the chronic financial problems that have had it floundering for years. We have the highest tax rate in all of Ellis County, and things are not getting any better. The property owners who pay the bulk of the taxes deserve to have their voices heard.”
When asked how to solve the problems in Italy, Mr. Kinze replied, “Raising taxes has been tried and it is not the solution. The best way to increase revenue is to expand the tax base. That means bringing more businesses to Italy. That’s exactly what I plan to do. I want people to be PROUD to live in Italy, Texas. With the community involved we can make this city, the envy of those who do not have the pleasure of living here. I would like to begin with local jobs and prosperity. Second the rehabilitation of the abandoned and dilapidated homes and buildings. I want to give the city of Italy back that ‘Small Town’ charm that most people would love to call Home."
Nik Kinze’s Ideas for creating dynamic change
- Get the people of Italy involved. As Mayor, Mr. Kinze pledges to hold open forums monthly for the citizens of Italy to ask questions and voice their opinions. Kinze states. “Everyone has the right to be heard and have their questions answered, honestly and openly.”
- Work with the County and State development groups to find new ways to bring companies to the City of Italy.
- Diligently work with the City Council and the people of Italy to reduce the cost of City Government, while at the same time improving services.
- Begin the development of the Italy Industrial Park, to provide an environment conducive to business while retaining a safe environment for the community.
- Improve the appearance of the City of Italy. So that it truly is not only the biggest little town in Texas, but the Best!
Mr. Kinze welcomes questions and comments. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.