The Italy City Council will conduct its regular monthly meeting tonight, February 14, 2011. The meeting will be held in the Council Chambers at 105 Main Street, Italy, Texas and will begin at 7:00pm.
In addition to the normal consent items and department reports there are five agenda items included in the Regular Session. There is a Closed Session agenda item as well.
- Discuss and consider necessary action(s) regarding Gary Burton of Burton Engineers addressing the Council regarding the research of purchasing water from Waxahachie.
- Discuss and consider necessary action(s) regarding Resolution No. 11-0214-01, a resolution of the City of Italy approving the Italy Economic Development Corporation Resolution No. R11-0207-01, a resolution approving Phase 2 of the Italy Community Center Improvements Project, authorizing the President to enter into demolition, engineering and other contracts for the project, and providing an effective date.
- Discuss and consider necessary action(s) regarding the approval of Joint Election Agreement between the City of Italy and Italy Independent School District.
- Discuss and consider necessary action(s) regarding Ordinance No. 11-0214-01, an ordinance of the City Council of the City of Italy, Texas, providing for a General Election to be held on May 14, 2011, for the purpose of electing a Mayor and two Council Members at large for the terms of two years and calling for a special election for the reauthorization of the local sales and use tax in the City of Italy at the rate of one-fourth of one percent to continue providing revenue for maintenance and repair of municipal streets.
- Discuss and consider necessary action(s) regarding the Election from Atmos Energy providing the opportunity to add franchise fees to the definition of Gross Revenues.
- Deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline of dismissal of the Public Works Director, and all matters incident and related thereto.
This meeting is open to the public.