Italy ISD will have early childhood, pre kindergarten, and kindergarten roundup to enroll children who will be eligible for classes for the 2010-2011 school year. This year’s roundup will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To make an appointment, please contact Stafford Elementary (972-483-6342) no later than Friday, April 23, 2010.
At the roundup, the child will be screened for speech, vision, hearing and/or referral for developmental delay. Parents must bring child’s immunization records, birth certificate, and social security card to the roundup. Photo ID of the parent/guardian must also be presented.
In order to plan properly for next year, it is important that the school get an accurate count of students who will be enrolled in these classes. If you have a child who will be in one of these classes but cannot attend the roundup, please call Stafford Elementary at 972-483-6342.
- To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2010.
- To be eligible for pre kindergarten, a child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2010, and must be:
- from a family whose income, according to standards set by the State Board of Education, is at or below subsistence level,
- or English is not the predominate language spoken in the household,
- or a foster child,
- or has a parent who is actively serving in the military.
Any child under the age of five is eligible for our early childhood screening. This will assess your child’s speech, language development and any developmental delays.