The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a flood warning for the following areas Trinity River in Texas. Trinity River near Rosser affecting Ellis and Kaufman counties forecast flooding changed from MINOR to MODERATE severity for the following areas in Texas: Chambers Creek near Rice affecting Navarro County.
Forecast flooding increased from MINOR to MODERATE severity. The Flood Warning continues for the Chambers Creek near Rice until Tuesday afternoon or until the warning is cancelled.
At 2:00 am Monday the stage was 25.91 feet. Flood stage is 24.0 feet. Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast. Forecast—The river will continue rising to a crest near 27 feet early Monday afternoon. The river should fall below flood stage late Monday night.
At 27 feet moderate out of bank flooding will occur along the creek. A few rural roads will be flooded. Minor lowland flooding is expected for farms and ranches downstream. Highway construction downstream at the I-45 bridge will be hazardous.
This crest compares to a previous crest of 27.3 feet on April 15, 1991.
National Weather Service Fort Worth, Texas, 2:19 a.m. CDT Monday Sept. 14, 2009
UPDATED ROAD CLOSURES REPORTED ON 09-14-09
- Neck Rd East of FM 813 about a 1/2 of a mile at the bridge has water over the bridge
- Palmyra Rd has debris in the roadway
- Ebenezer Rd in Palmer has debris in the roadway
- FM 660 at Thrill Hill in Bristol there is 3 FT of rushing water
- Novy Rd closed where two wooden bridges are 1/2 way between 660 and 34
- Both NB and SB Service Roads off of I45 in the Palmer area has water across the roadway
- SB 45 at the 258 MM Exit ramp is covered by water
- Crisp Rd water over the roadway
- Skirvanek Rd water over the roadway
- Eason Rd water over the roadway
- Christian Rd /Chrisp covered with water
- Chemlar/Eason covered with water
- Pigg Rd at the bridge off of FM 877 – still has water over the roadway
- Cartwright Rd off of Hwy 34 between Avalon and Bardwell still has water over the roadway
- Dry Branch Rd in Forreston area still has water over the roadway.
- I35 NB were the new part of the highway and old part of the highway meet it is running from the South Bound side to the North Bound side causing it to be flooded
- Morgan Rd at the Low water crossing still has water 3 Ft wide and about 3 – 4 inches deep
- FM 876 at the bridge just before it turns into L R Campbell Rd still has water across the roadway
- FM 66 at Bee Creek Rd at the bridge still has water over the roadway
- Bee Creek at Butler Rd still has water over the roadway reported
- Milan St in Italy has about 6 inches of mud in the roadway that could be a traffic hazard