With the new year, the Italy Ministerial Alliance has made some changes to the schedule for the local food pantry. Beginning in March, the food pantry located at 124 Harpold (the First United Methodist Church), will be open the first Monday of the month (March 2) from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Local volunteer, Karen Mathiowetz, said, “Our new hours will accommodate those that work. They will have an opportunity to come and pick up food after the work day is over. We will be able to feed more people that need the food.” Mathiowetz also said the IMA is able to help with other needs. “We are a network with access to other agencies. We can give prayer, pastoral care, counseling and job referrals. We are a resource for those in need. The Ministerial Alliance are Christian people that help others in love.”
Food Pantry Policies:
- We are now a member agency of the North Texas Food Bank and are required to screen food pantry clients according to the TEXCAP income guidelines. A person must complete an application, front & back, that includes a budget form. This must be completed to receive food. We do not take applications over the phone.
- Please bring a drivers license, current utility bill showing proof of residence, social security card for every member of the family. Birth certificates are acceptable. All household members must live in the 76651 zip code area. If a grandparent has custody of the grandchildren, they must provide custody papers along with a social security card.
- All adults (18+) in the household must provide proof of income to receive food:
- A current paycheck stub or a Texas Workforce Solutions card with a number on the back that indicates you have applied.
- SSI unemlployment benefits
- Social Security benefits
- Food stamps
- Child support
- Proof that someone else is helping pay your bills
- You have 21 days to provide the information to receive food. We will give you food on the first visit.
- We no longer provide utility assistance. You can contact these agencies who do help:
- Waxahachie Care 972-923-2273
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Church-Waxahachie 972-38-1953